Sensora Glycolic Peel Kit for Professional Use
consists of 4 complementary products and offers beauticians and therapists a safe, non-irritating, chemical peel system for their clients.
Phase 1 – Pre-peel Primer
Any oil on the surface of the complexion can retard the performance of a water based chemical peel by creating a barrier between the peel solution and the skin. The primer gently de-greases the complexion to maximise the performance of the peel.
Phase 2 – Glyconex (Glycolic) Chemical Peel
A blend of alpha-hydroxy acid (glycolic) and poly-hydroxy acids (lactobionic acid and gluconolactone). Poly-hydroxy acids are next generation cosmetic acids and, while offering the same exfoliating benefits as the more traditional alpha-hydroxy acids (glycolic, mandelic, lactic, etc), they are much less irritating. Our glycolic peel kit provides all the benefits of a chemical peel with little to no stinging and little to no post peel reddening (erythma). The peel is supplied as a light gel to better allow the precise application of the peel (easier to avoid the eyes and lips), and prevent drips.
Phase 3 – Neutralising Gel
It is important that the acidity of the chemical peel is neutralised with an alkaline. Sensora neutralising gel is applied to the skin after the chemical peel has been in contact with the skin for the allotted time and immediately stops the peel from working.
Phase 4 – After Peel Serum
Sensora After Peel Serum is a blend of soothing and skin conditioning agents that will inhibit any possible post peel inflammation and deliver active ingredients to the skin to enhance the skin benefits of the peel process. The active agents are carried in an hyaluronic acid base.
We expect that the kit will deliver 25 treatments at a cost per treatment of a little under £5. Considering that salon peels are typically between £40 and £60 per treatment – one peel kit offers a healthy return on the purchase price
- Cleanse the skin and remove makeup with an appropriate cleanser
- Dampen a cotton pad, cotton ball. or sponge with the pre-peel primer and wipe over the complexion. Repeat and allow to air dry
- Apply the glycolic peel to a brush or sponge and paint over the complexion. The gelled form of the peel ought to prevent drips or run off.
- For an initial application leave the peel on the skin for 2 minutes. For subsequent applications add 1 minute to the previous time up to a maximum of 7 minutes. (6 once-weekly applications will take the last application up to the 7 minute mark)
- When the allotted time is reached apply the neutralising gel to the complexion – ensuring that the neutraliser covers the entire area the peel has been applied to. The neutraliser gel will immediately neutralise the acidity of the peel.
- Rinse the complexion with warm water to remove the neutraliser and gently pat dry
- Apply the post peel serum to the complexion. The serum is a leave-on product.
In order to maximise the benefits of the peel encourage your client to purchase a complementary product to be used at home.
As glycolic based peels tend to be used not to just brighten the complexion but also to encourage the production of collagen the use of Sensora Pep3 collagen booster serum or Sensora Copper Peptide serum will greatly enhance the outcomes of the peel